Here you can find all our publicly available legal information in one place.
v3 – last updated January 2023
ParsePort ApS (“ParsePort”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) owns and operates this and other websites (collectively as “Websites”) as well as a variety of software solutions, products, and services (collectively as “Products and Services”) that it provides to its customers.
Data we may collect
ParsePort may collect the following personal data:
- Contact information, including name, username, address, phone number, email, and working title;
- Your hardware and software information when browsing ParsePort’s Websites, including your IP address, operating system, device type, and model;
- Your activity on ParsePort’s Websites, including your actions, logs, browsing patterns, duration, and timestamp information.
ParsePort may also collect the following non-personal data:
- Your company’s information, including its name, industry, country, LEI code, and address;
- Information about your order, including the Products and Services chosen, order number, fees, and expiration date;
- Your company’s invoice information, including VAT number, invoice reference number, and invoicing address;
How we may collect your data
Most of the data we may collect is provided directly by you when you:
- Request information about our Products and Services (e.g., including when you request a demo) through our Websites, phone, or email;
- Register on our Websites for an event organized by us, e.g., a webinar;
- Subscribe to receive our newsletter or complete a customer’s survey;
- Accept an offer to purchase our Products and Services and fill out a form on our Websites;
- Request support through our Websites, by phone, or by email;
- Use and access our Products and Services through our Websites;
- Call ParsePort’s general phone line or call directly to an employee of ParsePort regarding the Websites, Products, and Services
- Send an email to any of “@parseport.com” email addresses; or
- Access or use our Websites via your browser’s cookies.
How we may use your data
ParsePort may use your personal data:
- To contact and communicate with you;
- To register you as a customer or potential customer;
- To process your order, create your profile, and manage your account;
- To create user accounts, once you have become a customer;
- To provide and allow you to use our Products and Services;
- To enforce ParsePort’s terms and conditions;
- To add you as a subscriber to our newsletter after you have subscribed to it;
- For an eventual credit reference check to prevent potential fraudulent purchases;
- For invoicing and payment collection;
- For compliance with the applicable laws;
- For the eventual establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims;
- For marketing purposes, including to market a webinar, relevant events, and our Products and Services;
- To ask you to participate in surveys; and
- For statistics, development, and protection of our Products and Services.
Basis for our processing of your personal data
Our legal basis for the processing of your personal data are the following:
- The fulfilment of a contract for the purchase and provision of our Products and Services (Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR).
- The processing is a contractual requirement for the provision of our Products and Services.
- Our legal obligations as the data controller (Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR)
- Your consent to newsletter send-out (Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR).
- Our legitimate interest in being able to send out service messages (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR)
- Our legitimate interest in being able to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims (Article 6(1)(f) and Article 9(2)(f) of the GDPR)
- Our legitimate interest in being able to collect and administrate your personal data, also based on your click behaviour in relation to marketing send-outs and via cookies on our Websites (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR)
How we store and may disclose your data
We may share your data, including personal data, with our affiliates for our or our affiliates’ internal business purposes (e.g., business operations, accounting, record keeping, legal, and information security functions) or compliance with our internal policies and other legal requirements.
Personal data collected by ParsePort may be transferred to and processed in the United States or other jurisdictions in which ParsePort’s affiliates are located. These locations (including the United States) may not guarantee the same level of protection to personal data as the protection offered by the General Data Protection Regulation, regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). By providing us with your personal data and/or by using our Websites, Products and Services, you agree to such transfer and/or processing.
When personal data needs to be transferred to a third country, we will ensure that either (i) the personal data is transferred to countries recognized by the European Commission as offering an equivalent level of protection to personal data as the GDPR does; or (ii) in the absence of an Adequacy Decision, the transfer is made under appropriate safeguards, such as the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses.
Apart from our affiliates, to ensure the continuation of our business activities and the provision of our Products and Services, we may need to provide access to your personal data to third parties who, based on a contractual relationship with ParsePort, provide relevant services, e.g., IT and marketing providers. Such third parties will only process personal data following our instructions and under a data processing agreement entered.
We will not disclose your personal data to a third party without your permission. However, under certain circumstances and applicable law, we may need to disclose your personal data to, for example, the police, lawyers, auditors, courts, our affiliates, and public authorities.
Retention and deletion of your personal data
ParsePort is committed to protecting your data’s confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility (personal and non-personal). Hence, we have implemented security measures to ensure that our internal procedures meet our industry security standards and applicable legal requirements.
We have internal rules and processes on information security that contains instructions and measures to protect your personal data from being destroyed, accidentally lost, or altered, and against unauthorized disclosure or access.
Your rights to your personal data
You are the owner of your personal data and have all rights over it, including:
- The right to access – You have the right to access and request us to provide you with a copy of your personal data we have collected.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to have your personal data rectified and deleted, with certain statutory exceptions, including the Bookkeeping Act.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to withdraw any consent you have given to us to process your personal data and request that we erase your personal data. We will delete your personal data unless we can continue the processing on another legal basis.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our collection and further processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability – Under certain circumstances, you may also request to receive a copy of your personal data and the transmission of your personal data, which you have provided us with to another data controller.
We will provide the information requested by you when exercising your rights to your personal data within a reasonable time frame and free of charge, but ParsePort reserves its rights to either charge you a reasonable fee or refuse to act on your requests when your requests become manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly because of their repetitive character.
Suppose you have previously agreed to receive marketing communications and no longer wish to be contacted by us for marketing purposes. In that case, you can opt-out by filling out our form or submit your request to us by emailing DPO@parseport.com.
Links to other websites
Our Websites may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content of other companies’ websites or their practices in collecting personal data. Therefore, when you visit other websites, we advise you to read their policy for the protection of personal data and other relevant policies.
How to ask questions or make complaints
Roholmsvej 10 F,
2620 Albertslund, Denmark
Tel.: +45 53 53 00 10
If we do not resolve your complaint and you wish to proceed with a case, you can send your complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency at:
Carl Jacobsens Vej 35
2500 Valby, Denmark
Tel.: +45 33 19 32 00
|v.3 Jan. 2023||From |
January 24, 2023
|The section entitled "How we store and may disclose your data" has been updated.|
|v.2 Sep. 2022||Before |
January 24, 2023
|(i). Section 5 “how we store and may disclose your data” has been updated to accommodate internal changes after ParsePort’s acquisition by Workiva Inc. in April 2022.
|v.1 Jan. 2019||Before |
September 1, 2022